Palace for Life Foundation are looking for an enthusiastic Intern to support the Communications and Fundraising team to highlight the work of Palace for Life in the community, help engage with the local community and support the fundraising efforts of the Foundation.
What We Offer
- Part-time work (22.5 hours per week), with flexible & remote working;
- London Living Wage salary (£11.95 per hour);
- 9-month fixed term contract (with possibility of extension);
- Training and development opportunities;
- Become part of a supportive and friendly team;
- An opportunity to make a difference to the lives of young people in South London.
As Marketing and Fundraising Intern you will:
- Support management of and create content for social media accounts (e.g. TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn);
- Visit Palace for Life sessions to help tell stories and give updates;
- Help recruit young people from the local community around Selhurst Park, who may have limited or fewer opportunities, onto our sessions;
- Support in updating the website, writing articles and writing for the Crystal Palace F.C. matchday programme;
- Support flyer, email and poster marketing designs to resonate with local young people;
- Use Photoshop to update flyers and infographics (Photoshop training will be given if needed);
- Support the running of our TikTok account;
- Talk to participants on our sessions to gain a deeper understanding of those attending;
- Send emails, with support from the Marketing and Communications Manager, to promote sessions and work carried out by Palace for Life;
- Offer live social media coverage of Palace for Life events;
- Support the build-up and running of Palace for Life events;
- Attend Crystal Palace F.C. matchdays to promote the Foundation;
- This is not an extensive list and may be asked to get involved and support other areas.
As successful candidate you will have:
- A sound understanding of the differences between and benefits of Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and TikTok;
- The ability to strike up relationships with young people from different parts of our local community;
- Knowledge of South London and an understanding of the complex issues faced by young people growing up in our local area;
- An understanding of the best ways to reach local young people and their families;
- Good written and verbal communication skills, with the ability to interact with people at all levels within the Foundation;
- Outstanding organisational skills with an attention to detail;
- The ability to think clearly, creatively and imaginatively;
- A flexible approach and a willingness to work occasional evenings and weekends, as and when required.
- Experience of posting on social media accounts;
- Knowledge of writing for different channels and audiences, including social media and written article pieces;
- An understanding of TikTok and how it works;
- Video editing and photography skills.
Closing Date: Please apply by 17/10/2022 (earlier applications welcomed)
Interview Date: Week commencing 24/10/2022
Start Date: November 2022
If you have any questions or would like to arrange an informal discussion about the role, please contact email@example.com.
Crystal Palace Football Club is committed to safeguarding and ensuring the welfare and protection of children, young people and adults at risk. The club fully accepts its responsibility for children, young people and adults at risk. Our aim is to ensure that safeguarding runs through every element of the work we do to ensure the welfare and well-being of all those who engage in our activities.
All children, young people and adults at risk have a right to be protected from abuse regardless of their age, gender, disability, sexual orientation, race, religion or belief. We believe that all adults working within the club, in any capacity, have a duty and responsibility to safeguard the welfare of children, young people and adults at risk.
We strive to do this by applying policy, procedures and best practice, engaging with the Premier League, FA and local authority partners to promote the safety and welfare of all those who engage in activities with the club. Our practice reflects statutory requirements and responsibilities. This allows our participants to enjoy any club activity in a safe, and inclusive environment.
The club expects all staff, players, volunteers, contractors and guests to share this commitment.
Crystal Palace Football Club endorses the principle of equality and will strive to ensure that everyone who wishes to be involved in the club whether as players, match-day fans, staff, board members, participants in foundation programmes and other people engaged with the club’s activities (for example, suppliers, corporate partners):
Has a genuine and equal opportunity to participate to the full extent of their own ambitions and abilities, without regard to their age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partnership status, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion and belief, sex or sexual orientation; and
Can be assured of an environment in which their rights, dignity and individual worth are respected, and in particular that they are able to enjoy their engagement at the club without the threat of intimidation, victimisation, harassment, bullying and abuse.
As users of the disability confident scheme, we guarantee to interview all disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the vacancy.